Sunday, November 15, 2009

Vintage goods seeking new home

In my recent pattern and fabric cull, I found a couple of vintage items that I would like to find a new home for. If you are interested in either item, please send me an email: [megp47 at yahoo dot com].

McCalls 8979 from 1952
Size 18 (bust 36)
I love this pattern, but when I worked up the bodice in a muslin, even with adjustments for fit, I realized that this would just work better for someone more voluptuous than myself. The pattern is cut and all pieces are present. The envelope is torn around the edges, but overall the pattern is in good vintage condition. Click on the image to enlarge.
Asking: $5, including shipping to the US.

5 yards vintage fabric.
I also still love this fabric, but I've had it for a few years, and still haven't figured out what to make with it. It is some sort of synthetic, but does not seem to unravel very much, and is pretty dimensionally stable--so I don't think it would be too hard to work with. The turquoise-blue is slightly brighter in person, so that it really pops nicely. The design has always reminded me of drafting rulers (you know, like the ones I imagine architects use?)
5 yards, 44" wide.
Asking: $10, including shipping to the US (that's just $2 a yard!)

2 comments:

Rachael Baldanza said...

Hi,
I love the fabric and if it's still available, I'd love to buy it. Just let me know! thanks

Libby said...

Do you still have the pattern? I am very interested. You can get a hold of me through my email libbydhansen@gmail.com