Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Vintage Pattern Thursday

This week: cute vintage finds I wish I had time to make for the summer.

Beach-ready capris with the perfect belt. McCall's 9229, from 1952.

Classy blouse with a great shape. McCall's 6185, 1945.

Mail order play suit--adorable in a cute print fabric. Vintage 1940s.

Simple yet effective dresses--I love the blue and red ones. McCall's 9465, 1968.

Sailor inspired, and I love the way the bow pops through the jacket opening. I'm picturing blue and white stripes for the contrast fabric. McCall's 5021, 1959.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

See their teeny tiny waists? I want that.

Hilary said...

I am so in love with that hooded rain poncho thing in the first pattern. And teeny tiny waists is right! What do you think the average waist circumference is in those illustrations? 10"?

Teresa said...

Ha - I have to echo Hilary and say "yellow vintage rain poncho - want!"

On the smallness of waists: I was recently trying to figure out what they're trying to pull on us at the clothes stores with the crazy narrow mannequins. 20"? Less, perhaps?

But those patterns look good - damn good!

Anonymous said...

Came across your blog a couple days ago and just love it! Especially on Thursdays :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, to be tall enough to wear capris.....

Deborah said...

I love your blog! Where do you keep all those vintage patterns?!

Linda said...

I can only dream of being a vintage queen with a tiny waist like that!! Lovely patterns.