Friday, March 13, 2009

Book search

Does anyone have this book? I'm interested in finding some patterns for scalloped knitting as pictured on the cover. I'd like to have a number of options for a design I've been thinking about, and before I drop $50 for a used version of this hard-to-find book, I'd love to know more about its contents. Or, if anyone has any other ideas about sources for scalloped knitting patterns, I'd love to hear! I've already found a few good ones on ravelry, but I'd like to cast my net as wide as possible. I haven't checked the treasury books yet, does anyone know if one volume has these type of patterns?

5 comments:

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Meghan .- ahhh ... I do not have this book, but I have a book of my mother, is published in the sixties and has hundreds of designs and also contains instructions for some models. The misfortune is that it is written in Spanish ...... uffff. if you want, I can send you some scans (pictures are in black and white).

I hope you get lucky and find someone who has the book.

greetings, Paco

Aggie said...

You should request it through Interlibrary Loan at your local library. We have a copy at Queens Library, where I'm the librarian for the knitting/crochet section, and we lend through ILL.

BTW, there are no charts in this book.

Rachel said...

The scalloped pattern is somewhat similar to one used in Carrier Brenner's Counterpane Carpet Bag (published in "Handknit Holidays", Falick). (You can see my version of it here.)

Hope this helped!

Hilary said...

I wish I could help! :(

Teresa said...

Sorry, unfortunately I haven't seen it before - but I second checking the interlibrary loans available to you in your hometown (whether public library or university / college).