Thursday, May 13, 2010

Quilt progress


In the couple weeks between when I finished my last job and when I moved, I did a lot of work on my quilt. I finished piecing the front and back, and basted. I then tried to teach myself free motion quilting so I could make these large, imperfect circles. I've done one edge so far--I had second thoughts and nearly went at it with a seam ripper, but after a couple weeks off, I think I like it again. I hope to start working on this again soon. It will be great to have it finished!

2 comments:

craftoholic said...

I really like the quilting, the circles look great on the dark fabric. It's going to be a wonderful quilt!

Erin said...

I've been wondering how you've been doing on this quilt! Looks good! The circles aren't my cup of tea (I'm a straight-lines type of girl), but it does add really interesting texture! I say stick with it :)