Sunday, December 13, 2009

CSA Love: big recipe recap

I've been making a lot of repeat recipes as I get repeat veggies in my weekly CSA pick up, so I thought I'd wait until I had a bunch more recipes before I reported back here on the blog. So here goes:

Tonight's dinner: Potato, chard and scallion soup
Using what I had on hand. I sauteed one chopped yellow onion for several minutes, added 4 cubed potatoes, 5 cups of veggie stock, and simmered til tender. Then I added one bunch each swiss chard and scallions (all chopped), and cooked for 5 minutes more. The whole thing was pureed with my immersion blender, and then I added a bit of heavy cream. It was really yummy! Especially with a good helping of fresh pepper and parmesan.


Salad with spring mix, red carrots, feta, sunflower seeds, and balsamic vinegar.

Acorn squash veloute with Indian spices.

Roasted rosemary potatoes


Roasted sweet potato with scallion miso butter.
If you like sweet potatoes, and sweet-salty combinations, this is the recipe for you!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Pumpkin Streusel Muffins, here I come!! Thanks for all the great recipes.