Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine's sewing


This year, I surprised my Valentine by sewing him a new pair of pajama pants. His favorite pair got ripped and were hanging out at my place waiting to be repaired--so I was able to determine the best size to cut based on the measurements of the old pants. This is the first time I've sewn a garment for someone other than myself. I took extra care by making machine-wash-friendly French seams, and tried to line up the plaid as best as I could. I used New Look 6321, which I chose for the pockets and the elastic waistband. It is a unisex pattern, so I cut a large--though he wears a men's medium in the real world. Overall, I was pretty happy as I ended up with a comfy, wearable garment. No modeled pictures this time ;)

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Cute!! It looks like you did an amazing job lining up the plaid, and they look so comfy. I bet your Valentine was thrilled!