Friday, June 27, 2008

Chiang Mai

I ended up spending 5 nights in a luxurious boutique hotel in Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand. It cost me $18 a night! I'd say it was worth the splurge. Chiang Mai was absolutely delightful. I spent the first day walking around, wandering into temples, knitting in a nice little cafe, and just relaxing. I can't remember the last time I felt so at ease!

Another street scene--I like these kinds of pictures. It's so hard to capture what your every day experience looks like while traveling in a foreign country. More often than not, I just take pictures of the beautiful places. In this image you see one of the communal pick-up trucks-turned-taxis. If you look closely, you'll see that one of the passengers is a monk, dressed in the traditional bright orange cloth.



Small historic temples with lovely teak carvings.

I think this image speaks for itself. Wouldn't this look great as a textile pattern? Maybe I'll use this if I ever give spoonflower a try.

1 comment:

Weaveron Textile said...

Awesome blog...
I like this type of designs...