Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Refashionista

I joined Wardrobe Refashion for the next four months. For those of you who haven't been introduced, Wardrobe Refashion is an excellent project started by an Australian woman. Every member pledges to abstain from purchasing new clothing during the time of their membership. Instead, they are encouraged to make, thrift, or buy handmade items. It's a great way to reduce waste and step outside of our consumer-driven culture for a moment. It fits very well with my ideals, so it is wonderful to find a community of like-minded people. Plus, it's really fun to see what everyone is making.

Here's my pledge:

I, Meghan, pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 4 months. I pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoated, recylcled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftyness brings! Signed Meghan.

No comments: