Sunday, November 14, 2010

Gearing up

No big surprise, I'm still spending a lot of time in the pottery studio. This month, I've been focusing mostly on handbuilding and playing with different surface decoration techniques. I still feel like I have light years to go, but I have made quite a few things I'm pleased with. The annual pottery sale is next weekend--I can't wait to see how it goes!

Eggshell bowls
Eggshell bowls with African textile motifs.

Star bowl
Blue stars bowl.

Sgraffito detail
Sgraffito detail

Small Square dishes
Little square dishes.

Turquoise/white bowls
Turquoise and white bowls.

Josh Ritter
Oh, and I saw Josh Ritter in concert the other night. What a cutie! I've never seen someone grin for an entire concert. If you haven't seen his video for the curse, please click over!

8 comments:

Wendolene said...

Love your bowls! A background in museums must give you so much inspiration to draw from. Good luck at the pottery sale!

Hilary said...

They're all so beautiful! I love the African textile influence and the sgraffito one may have made me drool a little. You're amazing!

paco peralta said...

Hi Meghan.- Only wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. My best wishes for another year full of happyness ...!!!

Mamie said...

I am going to start shalom cardigan and need large size. (38 bust). Can anyone help me with a resizing pattern. Thanks.

Martha said...

I am working on your Shalom cardigan and now am enjoying other parts of your blog. I love the organic feel of your pottery -- have you ever thought about selling on etsy ??

Hurricane Barrel said...

Meghan! You are so talented. I already knew that, but seeing more of your pottery is super awesome. And you are also super awesome. Obviously.

lorih3756 said...

I LUV the eggshell bowls. They look so delicate. Will you be selling any of these items? Absolutely beautiful pottery.

rosehips and wool said...

so are you now going to sell .... i think ive fallin in love with your blue star bowl! amazing work keep going