Sunday, March 2, 2008

Current Progress

I'm making great progress on the design and knitting for the Paul & Joe inspired cardigan I have previously mentioned. I'm making up this pattern as I go, but the overall idea was inspired by some designer sweaters, including (but not limited to) a lovely Paul & Joe number. It seems there were several sweaters with similar yokes on the market last season. It makes me feel like slightly less of a copycat, or maybe I should feel like more of one.

I'm using yarn that I recycled from a thrift store sweater. The original sweater was a couple sizes bigger, and had long sleeves and pockets. I decided to take a gamble and use the yarn double stranded for this knit--and I won't know if I have enough yarn until the end! I'm still somewhat hopeful, but whatever happens, I think it's going to be very close.

If this all works out I'll post a pseudo-pattern. I'm not going to bother with a proper pattern, with sizes and all since I didn't bother with proper yarn (and as a result had to buy US Size 10.75 needles! Didn't know they made those). Hopefully I can provide enough details that it would be easy for someone to follow and adjust for their yarn and size. Stay tuned--this is knitting up very quickly.

3 comments:

Sofie said...

HI!
I was looking though your blog not o long ago (without leaving a comment though) and I was amazed by the sweaters you knit. I really like them! Thank you for commenting on my blog! Do make your own refashioned felted cardi, it not a long lasting project, if you know what you want you can have it finished in one evening!
All the best to you!
S

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Meghan .- thank you for your visit to my blog. I am glad that you like my work. You must excuse my English, because I have to make use of an on-line translator to communicate with you. I hope you all understand ...... I congratulate you for your work and these garments so beautiful that your knitting, really. Greetings from Barcelona, Paco

Anonymous said...

Dear Meghan, this sweater is coming out great. I love the color :) i wanted to stop by your blog and say hello!
Have a great day!
Elsita :)