Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Involving the ears

I heart Podcasts.

Do you ever get overwhelmed when you look at concert listings, and feel like you don't have enough time to keep up with what's going on in the music scene? Ok, before I start to sound like an infomercial, I just wanted to share some online (legal!) music sources that I have found to be a wonderful way to keep up with new music.

WXPN, a public radio station from UPenn plays a great selection of music--mostly new rock/indie stuff. You can listen to them online by clicking here and following the instructions.

On iTunes (which is a free program, for those who don't yet have it, and I swear its not that scary to figure out), you can subscribe to free podcasts if you go to the iTunes store. My favorite music ones are as follows:

NPR: Live Concerts from All Songs Considered
NPR: All Songs Considered
MPR: The Current Song of the Day
KEXP: Song of the Day
KEXP: Live Performances Podcast
NPR: World Cafe: Next from WXPN

For those of you who prefer stories and intellect, try these:

This American Life (Ira Glass is pretty dreamy)
WNYC's Radio Lab (excellent program, with a science-y spin)

No comments: